Saturday, January 4, 2014

More events from the first couple of days.

Shortly after moving into my flat on Thursday afternoon, I befriended a group of fellow American students and we have been inseparable ever since. During that first night at the university, I ventured with a couple of the guys on the Tube to a shopping mall, then we reconvened with the whole group to visit a local pub. So, let's tick that box on my bucket-list.

The second day we had a five-hour orientation where our jet-lagged bodies struggled to stay awake during the endless PowerPoint slides and binging of information. That evening we ventured down with all the other international students to the Thames and embarked upon a party boat, where we were served pretty bad finger foods and overpriced, weak alcohol, but luckily the driving rain expected that night held off for the most part. Below I took a few pictures of some sights we passed, but a) my camera died just before we got on the boat, b) the pictures I took with my iPhone weren't coming out as nicely as I hoped, and c) we were too busy boogying in the disco they had on the boat to really pay attention to taking photos. 





Stay tuned for more exciting London updates.    

No comments:

Post a Comment