Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sightseeing Day, part 2

The Westminster Station on the London Underground lets out right beneath the Palace of Westminster, so as you walk up the stairs to the surface level you are standing just beneath Elizabeth Tower. It was impressive, and we had beautiful (but still chilly) sunny weather at the start of our sightseeing excursion. 


And of course, it wouldn't be London without yet another obligatory phone booth photo, particularly this one with Elizabeth Tower rising majestically in the background. 





We popped into Westminster Abbey's shop for a look around and I found a few souvenir trinkets that I will definitely have to come back for at some point. 

After maybe twenty minutes or so of walking around Westminster and Parliament Square, the clouds moved in rapidly and the rain came pouring down. It was one of those moments where I felt truly like a Londoner, walking along the Thames drenched in the rain. 


After stopping for lunch at a cafe alongside the Thames, we hopped a bus over to Victoria Station and then walked up to Buckingham Palace. As we walked along Buckingham Palace Road, I was able to catch a glimpse of this side of the palace, which if I am not mistaken is where the Music Room is located. 


Just in case you needed me to prove that I was at the Palace today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment